R675,000.00

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL55

 

Transmission : Automatic

Mileage : 63418km

Colour : Black

 

This is a super rare opportunity to own one of the illusive Mercedes CL55 AMG’s that came to SA.

 

The CL55 AMG is the second-gen Merc based on the C215 chassis, essentially a shortened S Class from the W220 series where sales commenced in 1999 for the CL500 V8. It’s a true 4 seater coupe grand tourer fitted with all the bells and whistles as standard. Interesting is that this was the first car in the world to receive the low beam and high beam (Bi-Xenon) high-density discharge headlamps. The CL model introduced the refined Active Body Control fully active suspension system. This Active Body Control uses four hydraulic suspension rams that use three pressure regulators connected to a combination power steering and suspension pump, pushing fluid at a pressure of 2,960 through the system that, along with several intermediate computers and master CPU, keeps this car absolutely flat through the corners. The CL model has a lengthy list of custom available features. The following features are standard: climate control, ABC (hydraulic) suspension, all-leather interior, designer wood trim, a trip computer, CD, navigation system, front heated seats, power moonroof, as well as power door and trunk closing assist. Optional features include a heated steering wheel and voice-activated telephone, as well as, front fan-cooled and heated seats. These features make this future classic one of the cars one would want to drive on long-distance trips as comfort is at an all-time high.

The 55 AMG motor is the world-renowned bomb-proof bomber as we like to call it. It makes all the right sounds and has the grunt to pull the proverbial tanker. 0-100kph times in 4.8 seconds with a limited top speed of 250kph which when achieved, has an abrupt ‘stop’ as the car still accelerates into the limiter. The supercharged 5.4lt engine makes 368kw’s and a mighty 700nm’s of torque. It’s a proper AMG powerhouse even by modern standards!

This fine example has covered only 63 000km’s. It’s been garaged its whole life and cared for by meticulous owners, the current ownership lasting a lengthy 12yrs. The condition of this vehicle is simply outstanding. ‘Like New’ is how 99% of people describe it when they see it…the other 1%, well, who cares! Recently detailed with ceramic coating, there is nothing to spend on this AMG. Black on black really does the CL shape justice…it shows off the sleek shape and adds just the right amount of meanness to what is actually an eloquent car. All the comfort ‘bells and whistles on a S Class level definitely keep the driver and all its occupants satisfied even by today’s standards. This is the type of grand tourer literally no-one else has that you could jump 4 aboard and do some low flying up to the Knysna Hill Climb Event and park next to a Ferrari with pride and if you happened to meet that Ferrari on the highway, it would have a seriously tough time trying to outrun you – it’s that fast!

It’s hard to place values on these CL AMG’s because there were so few that came into SA…launch price back in 2002 was R1.3 million. Nowadays we talking R3.5 million for the equivalent S63 AMG. SO, if you have read this far, you can tell this is not a little toy. It’s a proper big boy car. The way classic and collectable Mercedes’s have increased in recent times (including being robust during Covid times) around the world, especially the low volume special AMG editions, this is sure to be a future classic that appreciates whilst it’s actually a car enjoyed within the right collectors stable.

Don’t miss this rare opportunity to own a piece of history.

Location:

Road and Race Automotive, Cape Town

Contact:

Taylor – +27 (0) 64 350 1954

Marc – +27 (0) 82 322 9784

Antony – +27 (0) 74 456 4672

Landline – +27 (0) 21 200 5775


Enquire Now


Categories: ,

Description

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL55

 

Transmission : Automatic

Mileage : 63418km

Colour : Black

 

This is a super rare opportunity to own one of the illusive Mercedes CL55 AMG’s that came to SA.

 

The CL55 AMG is the second-gen Merc based on the C215 chassis, essentially a shortened S Class from the W220 series where sales commenced in 1999 for the CL500 V8. It’s a true 4 seater coupe grand tourer fitted with all the bells and whistles as standard. Interesting is that this was the first car in the world to receive the low beam and high beam (Bi-Xenon) high-density discharge headlamps. The CL model introduced the refined Active Body Control fully active suspension system. This Active Body Control uses four hydraulic suspension rams that use three pressure regulators connected to a combination power steering and suspension pump, pushing fluid at a pressure of 2,960 through the system that, along with several intermediate computers and master CPU, keeps this car absolutely flat through the corners. The CL model has a lengthy list of custom available features. The following features are standard: climate control, ABC (hydraulic) suspension, all-leather interior, designer wood trim, a trip computer, CD, navigation system, front heated seats, power moonroof, as well as power door and trunk closing assist. Optional features include a heated steering wheel and voice-activated telephone, as well as, front fan-cooled and heated seats. These features make this future classic one of the cars one would want to drive on long-distance trips as comfort is at an all-time high.

The 55 AMG motor is the world-renowned bomb-proof bomber as we like to call it. It makes all the right sounds and has the grunt to pull the proverbial tanker. 0-100kph times in 4.8 seconds with a limited top speed of 250kph which when achieved, has an abrupt ‘stop’ as the car still accelerates into the limiter. The supercharged 5.4lt engine makes 368kw’s and a mighty 700nm’s of torque. It’s a proper AMG powerhouse even by modern standards!

This fine example has covered only 63 000km’s. It’s been garaged its whole life and cared for by meticulous owners, the current ownership lasting a lengthy 12yrs. The condition of this vehicle is simply outstanding. ‘Like New’ is how 99% of people describe it when they see it…the other 1%, well, who cares! Recently detailed with ceramic coating, there is nothing to spend on this AMG. Black on black really does the CL shape justice…it shows off the sleek shape and adds just the right amount of meanness to what is actually an eloquent car. All the comfort ‘bells and whistles on a S Class level definitely keep the driver and all its occupants satisfied even by today’s standards. This is the type of grand tourer literally no-one else has that you could jump 4 aboard and do some low flying up to the Knysna Hill Climb Event and park next to a Ferrari with pride and if you happened to meet that Ferrari on the highway, it would have a seriously tough time trying to outrun you – it’s that fast!

It’s hard to place values on these CL AMG’s because there were so few that came into SA…launch price back in 2002 was R1.3 million. Nowadays we talking R3.5 million for the equivalent S63 AMG. SO, if you have read this far, you can tell this is not a little toy. It’s a proper big boy car. The way classic and collectable Mercedes’s have increased in recent times (including being robust during Covid times) around the world, especially the low volume special AMG editions, this is sure to be a future classic that appreciates whilst it’s actually a car enjoyed within the right collectors stable.

Don’t miss this rare opportunity to own a piece of history.

Location:

Road and Race Automotive, Cape Town

Contact:

Taylor – +27 (0) 64 350 1954

Marc – +27 (0) 82 322 9784

Antony – +27 (0) 74 456 4672

Landline – +27 (0) 21 200 5775